Siras Systems Newsletter
HOT New Features Introduced in response to user requests
- The CAASPP checkbox introduced last month has been improved to clarify whether the CAASPP page is for the Current school year or Next school year. If CAASPP for Current school year is checked, the choices in the dropdown menus on the CAASPP page will be for the student’s current school year. If CAASPP for Next school year is checked, the choices in the dropdown menus on the CAASPP page will advance to reflect the student’s grade next year. The checkbox will be visible when testing begins and will be located in the IEP Manager in the Action column to the right of the CAASPP Participation page. The deployment of the 'NextYears CAASPP' checkbox will happen about 2 weeks before the CAASPP testing begins within your SELPA.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for all users in SIRAS
- You can start reviewing your CAASPP data using the CAASPP Assessment List found under the Reporting menu/Student lists/Predefined Lists. Data from the list will be used in the export to TOMS as we get closer to testing. The Export for TOMS instructions include preparing the data and export, accessible from this link.
- As of the CAASPP Update Issue 190 dated January 25, 2017, non-embedded science charts (periodic table and reference chart) are no longer considered a non-embedded universal tool for science as previously indicated on the Science Pilot Test accessiblity graphic (Oct 2016) and Matrix One (Oct 2016). They are now a non-embedded designated support. The revised CAASPP UDA menu is found in SIRAS under Tools/Added Forms/Menu Options and also from this link.
- TOMS has linked Embedded Text-to-Speech for math and science. If selected in either subject, the student will have Text-to-Speech for both subjects in the testing interface. Revised [IEP 4] Statewide Assessment page are found under the blue (?) in the IEP Manager and also from this link.
COOL Changes Made to Existing Features to make life easier
- The link to the IEP Manager in the main navigation toolbar is now dynamic. If a meeting is in development, the type of meeting and meeting date appear next to the picture icon. If there is not a meeting in development, the traditional IEP Manager label appears. Now, once a student has been chosen, you can see whether a meeting is in development with one less click, at-a-glance from the toolbar.
IMPORTANT Reminders for CASEMIS Staff
- As of the upcoming June 30 data collection, the CASEMIS program will keep track of pending referrals and new Plan Types have been added in SIRAS. As you know, referrals that are initiated do not always result in an IEP (Plan Type 10). Pending IEPs will now be Plan Type 30. At the time the data is collected, if the Initial IEP meeting has not occurred yet or the referral process stopped prior to an IEP meeting, the student will be reported as Plan Type 30. The same is true for infants entered into SIRAS, who are pending their Initial IFSP. They will also be reported as Plan Type 30. SIRAS now differentiates between students who attend private school and do not have an ISP (Plan Type 70) and those who are pending a move to one. 'Transition from IEP to ISP' (70) is intended for students who currently do not have an ISP, but one is in development.
Medi-Cal Billing Option:
Siras Systems, Inc. is excited to announce a partnership with Leader Services, a national company that provides technology and data processing solutions to over 1,000 Local Education Agencies (LEA's). Leader has provided Medicaid billing services to LEA's since 1992 and has assisted with generating more than $1.8 billion in reimbursements. Together, we will provide an improved service within IEP management and Medi-Cal billing for our mutual clients. With consent in the near future, we will offer districts the ability of integrating SIRAS IEP data with Leader's Medi-Cal billing software via a scheduled nightly data export option between the two systems. We offer this as a solution to help save valuable staff time on data upkeep while providing LEA's a streamlined IEP management and Medi-Cal billing process with the goal of maximizing reimbursement potential.
If you have any questions, please contact Steve Ormbrek - email@example.com